- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual coins come in a mint capsule.
- Limited mintage of 40,000 coins worldwide.
- Obverse: Features a sculptural relief design of the National Shield, encompassed by the legend “Estados Unidos Mexicanos” (United Mexican States), surrounded by different national coats of arms used throughout Mexico’s history.
- Reverse: Depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: the Winged Victory statue in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.
1 oz Silver Libertads
2018 is the first year the 1 ounce Silver Libertad has been released in an Antiqued Finish. 1982 was the year the Libertad was first struck in .999 fine 1 ounce Silver, with a Brilliant Uncirculated finish. The coin had a change in design after the 1996 release, then and again after the 1999 release, when the design changed to the current design of the 1 oz Silver Libertad. The original design from 1982 to 1996 was modeled after the famous Centenario Gold coin. 1 oz Silver Libertads have mintages that vary each year, and some years have mintages that are much lower than other bullion coins, adding to the 1 oz Silver Libertad series collectibility.