- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 2,500 coins worldwide.
- Comes in an original mint capsule.
- Obverse: Sculptural relief of the National Shield, encompassed by the legend “Estados Unidos Mexicanos” (United Mexican States), surrounded by different national coats of arms used throughout Mexico’s history.
- Reverse: Depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: the Winged Victory statue in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.
Each 2021 5 oz Proof Mexican Silver Libertad Coin available to purchase here today is a beautiful proof specimen. These coins exhibit frosted design elements over mirrored fields for visual contrast between the two facets of the coin. Each of the coins will ship to you with an individual protective capsule.
The 5 oz Proof Mexican Silver Libertad Coin is the largest in the traditional proof series. It was introduced in 1996 alongside the 2 oz silver version of the coin to round-out the collection at seven coins in total. Previous releases in the series included four fractional-ounce coins in 1992 and the 1 oz coin in 1986.
On the obverse side of 2021 Proof Mexican Silver Libertad Coins is a depiction of the female personification of Mexico. Inspired by the goddess of victory, Victoria, this female personification goes by many names that include Winged Victory, Victoria, and the Angel of Independence. She is the leading symbol of Mexican freedom from Spanish colonial rule.
The reverse face of 2021 5 oz Proof Mexican Silver Libertad Coins bears the image of the modern coat of arms for the country. In the center of the design field is a design with the Mexican golden eagle on a cactus as it struggles to control a serpent. On these 5 oz silver coins, as well as the 2 oz and 1 oz silver coins in this collection, you will also find a ring of 10 historic versions of the coat of arms.