- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 2,950 coins worldwide.
- Comes in an original mint capsule.
- Obverse: Sculptural relief of the National Shield, encompassed by the legend “Estados Unidos Mexicanos” (United Mexican States), surrounded by different national coats of arms used throughout Mexico’s history.
- Reverse: Depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: the Winged Victory statue in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.
This magnificent Proof 5 oz Silver coin is a popular choice not only because of its attractive design, but also its mintage at Casa de Moneda de México, the oldest mint in North America. Own a true beauty. Add this 2020 5 oz Proof Silver Mexican Libertad coin to your cart today!
Mexican Silver Libertads
The 5 oz Silver Libertad coin in a Proof finish was first introduced in 1996, and have been produced annually (aside from 2012) since their introduction. The coins are produced at La Casa de Moneda de México, the oldest Mint in North America. Each year of release has varying mintages, typically much lower than other bullion counterparts, which adds to the collectibility of the Libertad series.
The Libertads are produced at La Casa de Moneda de Mexico (Mexican Mint), the oldest Mint in North America. It is also the national mint of Mexico, first established in 1535.