- Contains 1/20 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in an original mint capsule.
- Obverse: Features the National Seal of Mexico with the official name for Mexico in Spanish: “Estados Unidos Mexicanos”.
- Reverse: Depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: the Winged Victory statue in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.
Each of the individual 2021 1/20 Proof Mexican Silver Libertad Coins available in this listing comes with a plastic capsule to house the specimen. The coins in the Proof Silver Libertad range have frosted design elements with mirrored background fields for impressive visual contrast between the two features of the coin.
1/20 oz Proof Mexican Silver Libertad coins have been issued every year since 1992, with the exception of 2012. That year, the Mexican Mint suspended all of the coins in the Proof Silver Libertad range except the 1 oz silver coin. The highest mintage recorded in this weight of the Proof Silver Libertad is 12,550 from the 2016 issue of the coin.
On the obverse side of 2021 Proof Mexican Silver Libertad Coins is a depiction of Winged Victory. This iconic image is based on the statue of the Angel of Independence, another name for Winged Victory, found at the top of the Mexican Independence Victory Column in Mexico City. The statue is 22-feet tall and was built in 1910, and later placed at the top of the column upon its completion in 1921.
The reverse face of the 2021 1/20 oz Proof Mexican Silver Libertad Coin features the modern coat of arms for Mexico. This seal depicts a Mexican golden eagle battling with a serpent from its perch on a cactus arm. Estados Unidos Mexicanos is engraved above that with a wreath of cactus below.
The Mexican Mint was founded in 1535 by Spanish colonizers in the New World. Once the main hub for the production of Spanish colonial currency in the Western Hemisphere, the Mexican Mint is now the official sovereign mint of the country.