- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in an original mint capsule.
- Extremely low mintage of only 2,500 coins.
- Obverse: Sculptural relief of the National Shield, encompassed by the legend “Estados Unidos Mexicanos” (United Mexican States), surrounded by different national coats of arms used throughout Mexico’s history.
- Reverse: Depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: the Winged Victory statue in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.
All of the 2021 2 oz Proof Mexican Silver Libertad Coins in this product listing come to you with a protective plastic capsule to house the coin. These coins all have proof visuals that include frosted design elements and mirrored background fields.
Winged Victory is depicted on the obverse of the 2021 2 oz Proof Mexican Silver Libertad Coin. Her effigy as featured here is inspired by the statue of the Angel of Independence in Mexico City. The statue stands 22-feet tall and was built in 1910 to mark the 100th anniversary of the start of Mexicos struggle for independence from Spain. In 1921, her figure was placed atop the newly-built Mexican Independence Victory Column to mark 100 years from official independence.
The national coat of arms for Mexico is featured 11 times on the reverse of the 2021 2 oz Proof Mexican Silver Libertad coin. The modern version of the seal is depicted in the center of the design element, with 10 historic versions of the same seal featured around the outer edge of the design element.
Proof Mexican Silver Libertad coins are available from the Mexican Mint. Founded in 1535, it is the oldest mint in the Western Hemisphere still in operation. It is operated by Banco de Mexico and the federal government of Mexico.